Friday, April 29, 2011

They made it!

After some late nights, we were able to get them all put back together for the trip to Moab. Both jeeps ended up with a minor scrape on the Kane Creek trail.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Almost finished?

Marshall all suited up to paint the jeeps. He painted two complete jeeps in one day.
Maughan's jeep in the paint booth.
Such a sad story. Jed and Marshall were unloading Maughan's jeep from the trailer, and everything that could go wrong did. The jeep started to take off down the trailer, Marshall couldn't reach the brake, Jed threw the chalk and the jeep bounced over it, and the jeep ran into a table. At least they have their first bit of damage done and wont have to worry about it in Moab :)
Nothing happened to the Dewsnup's jeep :) Just a sample of the finished product with new side marker lights.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Today's the Day

The paint day is finally here. We finished up some sanding and cleaning last night and loaded them onto the trailers. Jed and Marshall headed up to the paint booth early this morning. They're hoping to paint one before lunch, and paint the second after, let them dry overnight, and bring them home tomorrow. Then it's a couple of weeks to put them all back together.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sanding & Painting

Saturday we painted a lot of brackets, the dash, inside of the tailgate and hoods. Maughan's jeep got a second coat of primer and is almost done being wet sanded. Dewsnup's got it's first coat of primer, and the boys started to block sand it. Unfortunately, there's still a little more body work to be done on it before more primer and wet sand.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Crunch Time

It's been a while since the last post, but we've pretty much just been doing body work. They boys have been working every weekend, all weekend long, and a lot of nights after work. Finally, Marshall was able to prime his jeep, just in time to take it to Rhino to get the bed lined. It still needs to be block and wet sanded before paint.

Some of the smaller parts are just about ready for some paint. The flares are ready, fenders, hoods, tailgates, dash and grills just need to be wet sanded. We're shooting for the first weekend in April to do the painting, which leaves us two weekends to put it all back together. Keep your fingers crossed that we can get it done, it's going to be a few long nights.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Some Real Paint!

 It's called "Lime Squeeze", and it's a Ford Fuzion color (no laughing). But it does look pretty awesome! Marshall shot the firewall tonight before they mounted the body to the frame with our new 1" body lift mounts.

You wouldn't believe how much work it took to get the dirt and grease off the crossmember.  Doesn't it look good with a clean black coat of paint!  Got to protect the new Terra low transfer case!  Rondi still hasn't given Marshall the go ahead to get the lower gears in the Maughan scrambler yet, but I think next year after we wheel better she will want some too.  (the real reason is she won't want to follow behind us since we will be going that much slower than her, and she likes to follow behind.  She knows if we made it up a hill, she can too since the Jeeps are nearly identical.)

Rondi and I were recruited to paint Maughan's frame with POR-15.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bondo, Sanding, and Priming

Everyone was helping out tonight (including Kate). Most of the panels are almost done with the body work. In fact, Marshall is still hoping to prime a few pieces tonight.