Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Maughan jeep update


This is what's left of the driver's side quarter panel. I initially thought that I would be repairing this section by piecing in metal, but I also found large sections of bondo, and more work than I have time for. I have ordered a new panel from 4wd.com and will be cutting this off when it comes in.


I decided to paint the inside of the body channels that were exposed when I removed the floor corner pieces. I also painted inside the rear box and the inside areas behind the rear corners. These are easy to reach now.

This is all that's left of the old scrambler tub. I had to cut out the center section of the top portion under the windshield frame to use it on the wrangler section. The defroster ducts pass through the windshield frame on a CJ, and through the dash on a wrangler. I am keeping my cj dash so I needed to change this portion.

No comments:

Post a Comment